Square Enix Collective’s Fast & Frenzied ‘Oh My Godheads’ Is Out Now
Festive family battles await in this comical couch-based multiplayer
London, UK – Tuesday 5th December, 2017: Sit down, grab your friends, dole out the control pads and compose yourself: your new favourite party game for Christmas is here. Square Enix Collective’s marvellously manic couch-based multiplayer Oh My Godheads is available now on PS4, Xbox One and Steam.
Developed by Barcelona-based studio Titutitech, Oh My Godheads’ gameplay is built around an intentionally frenzied ‘capture-the-head’ mechanic that triggers as many laughs in defeat as it does celebration in victory.
It’s a slice of multiplayer madness where friends compete to carry godheads back to their base, closely mirroring traditional capture-the-flag style gameplay but adding a whole heap of extra delirium thrown in for good measure.
“Oh My Godheads is the craziest game any of us have ever worked on, but the mania is not without reason,” said Federico Sauret, co-CEO of Titutitech. “We set out to recapture the sense of fun so many couch-based multiplayer games pulled off in the 1990s, and that revolves around making things as comical as we possibly can.
“A big part of that is giving the Godheads themselves their own unique personalities and abilities; when the very thing you’re trying to capture fights back at the same time as all your rivals, it’s little wonder play gets a little heated.”
The game launches today after enjoying a more than six month long run in Early Access, which – according to Phil Elliott, Director of Indie Publishing at Square Enix West – only served to highlight just how well Titutitech has pitched its tight take on multiplayer mayhem.
“Oh My Godheads has been responsible for a lot of noise at the events we’ve taken it to… and actually one complaint… because people were laughing and shouting so much,” said Elliott. “Seeing groups of friends gathering around to play it and having so much fun has been a joy to watch – we’re really looking forward to people doing the same over the festive period – it really is the ultimate party game.”
Oh My Godheads is available now for PS4, Xbox One and Steam
What is Oh My Godheads?
● Hilarious couch multiplayer for 1-4 players
● Battle computer-controlled characters in single player mode
● ‘Capture-the-head’ gameplay supercharges capture-the-flag with uniquely powered godheads
● Multiple magical godheads – explosions, control-switching and more
● Bright, colourful 3D environments in world-spanning locales
● Ridiculous cast of characters to play
● Swords, hats, monocles and airborne pastries
Assets and Information
● Trailer: https://youtu.be/hm0JEiDaJ40
● Assets: goo.gl/e9Tsei
● Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/522740
● Website: ohmygodheads.com
● Twitter®: twitter.com/titutitech
● Facebook®: facebook.com/ohmygodheads
● YouTube®: youtube.com/channel/UC2ausK5bWWmRbIwRY9_s7KA
If you would like an interview with the developers of any Square Enix Collective game or with Phil Elliott, Director Indie Publishing at Square Enix West, please contact:
UK & North America
Stefano Petrullo – Renaissance PR
Stefano@renaissancepr.biz +44 (0) 7828 692 315
Keith Andrew – Renaissance PR
firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 7834 237 322
Rest of World
Craig Stephens – Kartridge
email@example.com +44 (0) 7736 324 399
About Square Enix Collective
Square Enix Collective is an initiative that provides a range of non-restrictive services to independent developers to help them raise the profile of their projects, and bring them to market.
● Community-building via the Collective Feedback platform
● Marketing support selected projects
● Publishing and marketing services (including QA and platform relations)
● A limited number of production investments for specific projects
Creative control and IP rights are retained by the developers.
For more information on Square Enix Collective please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE, and the SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. OH MY GODHEADS is a trademark of Titutitech SCP. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.